“If we don't take care of our customers, someone else will.”- Edgar Mitchell
For business owners, it is imperative to measure their customer satisfaction ratings and should always work on improvising the customer experience. Mystery shopping is a way to measure the current standards of customer service and will also help entrepreneurs/brands to make an action plan for the shortcomings in customer ratings. It will help to get a quick, reliable and quality feedback from the customer’s perspective.
Here are 6 reasons why businesses who care for their customers should do mystery audits more often:-
- Review of current internal process and procedures
- You’ll get to know that the processes and procedures laid down by the organization are being followed or not
- You will be able to detect deficiencies and make alterations to your customer care charter to the benefit of your customers.
- Staff performance evaluation
- Mystery Shopping can be used as a training aid as it will highlight professionalism, helpfulness, integrity, appearance, and knowledge of your team during the buying process
- Buyers not only buy your services/products, but they also buy your team and their credibility
- Mystery shopping should be performed on an on-going basis to evaluate staff performance and make action plans to improve them
- Competition analysis
- You’ll get to know your competitors’ customer experience strategy.
- You’ll be better able to generate market forecasts.
- You’ll have a better understanding of overall traffic with competitor traffic studies.
- Review customer brand perceptions
- Mystery Shopping will indicate you if your buyers are perceiving the brand image that you want to or you need to invest more in this field
- A great brand experience is ultimately down your customer’s satisfaction with each channel of your brand, including your website, branding, employee interaction and atmosphere but bad experience with any one of those channels has the possibility to ruin the customer’s view of your brand as a whole
- Evaluating Point of Sale Material and the Retail Store
- Mystery shopping will analyze even the minute details like the cleanliness of the store, the tidiness of the products displayed, the space allocated to your products in the store, Point of sale merchandise, etc
- It is very important to know how your point of sale looks like even when management is not present
- Data-Driven Action for Continuous Improvement
- The ultimate goal of Mystery Shopping is all about continuous improvement
- The data collected by the mystery shopper allows you to narrow into which aspects of the visit that needs to be improved. Action can then be taken on this to continuously improve on the Service Delivered to the customers of the store
“Sometimes the best discoveries are the result of simple observations” ―