Address verification of employee ensures employers to be sure of the correct address of the candidate and gather additional contact details about the employee in case of emergency. Positive verification of the employee will give confidence in his/her shared credentials. Address verification of employee is a vital component of background verification since it substantiates one imperative part of a potential worker's personality.
How we do it?
Our research expert visits the address physically and validates the address, the tenure of stay, the ownership status and details of other members residing there. If in case the door is found locked , the officer goes ahead and verifies the details from people residing in the neighborhood. The cost of such a check will typically depend upon the remoteness and accessibility of the location. The field researcher will validate the following details for an employee:
- Whether the stated address exists/tallies with the verified address
- Is any discrepancy found in his mentioned address or it is exactly the same?
- Capture geocoding of the location
- Duration of stay – whether the person stays/stayed at the address during the period mentioned
- If he resides there, shifted, or never stayed or his family is there but he has shifted
- Residence status – owned, rented, PG, hostel or any other
- Relationship of the candidate with the person verifying the address details
- Details of the respondent (Name, number, address, relationship with the candidate)
- If the address is NOT FOUND, the researcher will mention the reason of not found, maybe address incomplete etc and will capture the photographs of nearest landmark up to where FE had reached
Importance of Geocoding or Geotagging for address verification:
Wikipedia says "Geocoding" is the computational process of transforming a physical address description to a location on the Earth's surface (spatial representation in numerical coordinates). Reverse geocoding, on the other hand, converts geographic coordinates to a description of a location, usually the name of a place or an addressable location. Geocoding relies on a computer representation of address points, the street/road network, together with postal and administrative boundaries.
A sample report can be seen for your reference
Related Post -
why address verification of every employee is extremely critical?
Why background verification is extremely important for your business?