Criminal record checks – why a critical aspect of employee screening?
- To ensure that the employees that are being hired have a clean past and are not involved in any type of criminal activity
- It reduces the chances of hiring someone with a history of behaving in a threatening or violent manner.
- To avoid any drastic effect on workplace safety, brand reputation and motivation of existing employees
- If you are hiring an employee who will interact with vulnerable populations such as children or older adults, completing a detailed criminal records check is vital for safety and for the company’s reputation and thus make it a mandatory requirement for blue-collar workforce
How you should do it?
Select a background screening partner who has adequate knowledge and experience and has got access to criminal records and litigation databases.
In India, criminal background checks are carried out through an all-inclusive litigation search of court records which will involve civil or criminal cases. The data is collected from the information dispersed by the courts. These include:
- Criminal Suit – Magistrate Court
- Criminal Suit District Court
- Criminal Suit State Court
- District Civil Courts & Tribunals
- District Court
- High Courts
- Magistrate Court
- State Courts
- Supreme Court