Why you should not ignore previous employment verification of your employees?
Top reasons are:
- It validates the work experience of your candidate
- It also ensures that the candidate has the appropriate work experience required for the position
- Since the frequency of fake experience claims have increased, it will serve as a good test of an applicant’s honesty
- It will help to reveal potential problem areas of the applicant
- It is an opportunity for previous employers to share their views of the applicant as an employee
How we do it?
To verify employment/ work history, IsparkIndia directly contacts the past employers. It is advisable to do at least last two experiences verified for an applicant. The verification is done through their Human resources or payroll departments or sometimes owners, a former supervisor or office manager as well. Discrepancies found between the information provided and details found will be noted on the report
Our team will do the research basis below criteria
- Job title
- Start dates and end dates of each job
- Reasons for leaving
- Eligibility to rehire
Each employment check report includes verification of employment with one employer
Flaws of employment checks
- It cannot be guaranteed that all previous employers will cooperate for their previous employees’ verification.
- Some may share only filtered information.
- Some don’t respond in a timely manner
- Many organizations have policies governing what information may be disclosed regarding prior employees, while others have policies not to disclose anything
In such cases, we contact the employer “through the front door” which means physical visit will be done to verify the details
How long does employment verification take?
Most employment checks can be done within 1-3 working days but since these reports are dependent on the past employer of the applicant so they may take much longer occasionally. Some may be difficult to be located and some may not respond. We make three attempts to contact the employer through phone, email, physical visits.
How background checks will mitigate the employer’s or business owner’s risk?
How to enforce ethical compliance in your organization?
Why address verification of employee is critical for every organization?
8 Severe effects of substance abuse at workplace